- Do you want an exciting new work environment?
- Are you patient and enthusiastic and sporty?
- Can you rise to the challenge?
We are currently recruiting for a Sports Teaching Assistant to work in one of our local schools in Haywards Heath. The school is an Oftsed "Outstanding" alternative provision which provides education for pupils with Social Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs.
The school supports students who may be transitioning back to mainstream education, or else have been permanently excluded, experience challenging behaviour, or have not had access to regular education before enrolling. A number of students are admitted with an Education Health Care Plan.
This is a full time role beginning in September with excellent opportunities for career progression, and is a great opportunity for those graduating in Summer 2022.
As a PE Teaching Assistant you will work with the class to support the teacher with lessons, alongside a team of support staff. This will mainly be on a 1-1 basis, with some work in groups. You may be required to assist teachers delivering education off-site with activities such as Rock Climbing, Paddle Boarding, Sailing etc.
The ideal candidate for this role would be -
- Must be able to drive!
- Have professional or personal experience working with people with specialist educational needs
- Committed to making a change in young people s lives
- Have experience in a school setting or similar
What we expect from you -
- Child only DBS on the Update Service or willingness to obtain one
- Able to work between 8.30-15.30, Mon-Fri
- Payment through PAYE, meaning no fees from Umbrella companies
- 13 weeks off per year
If you are interested or would like to hear about similar roles, then apply today!