Do you want to design software for electric vehicles?
Help drive the Software Architecture of the Next Generation OS for Motor Control Systems in multinational vehicle applications.
We are looking for several Senior or Staff level Embedded Software Engineers to design, code, and debug real-time embedded firmware for electric motor controllers/inverters.
This position is located in our premier engineering facility in Livermore, CA, just outside Silicon Valley in the San Francisco Bay Area.
What you'll do:
- Work with motor control engineers to realize effective and efficient real-time software and control algorithms.
- Follow software development cycles, including software requirements capture and verification of software to these requirements.
- Participate in the preparation of development specifications.
- Design, set up, and run tests to ensure the design meets specifications.
- Debug systems from prototypes, development, and customer returns.
- Provide support to continuation engineering and other Curtis engineering teams.
- Participate in software design, electrical schematic, and project reviews.
- Work within a small design team to complete assigned objectives.
- Collaborate with Curtis engineering sites around the world.
We are interested in hearing from you if you possess the following:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree plus 7+ years of experience in embedded, real-time software.
- Expert in real-time software programming using high-level languages, especially C/C++
- Expert user of emulators, in-circuit testing, and software debugging tools/techniques.
- Experience with serial communication protocols using CAN, for example, CANopen, J1939, UDS, etc.
- Knowledge of real-time operating systems and task schedulers.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of control and feedback systems for power and motor control.
- Knowledge of electronic circuits and implementation.
- Experience with Model-based design (MBD) with Matlab and/or Simulink.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.