RECRUITMENTiQ is working in partnership with a family-run business established in 2002. We are a wholesaler, distributor, importer, and brand owner based in Glasgow.
We have long-standing relationships with manufacturers and traders that allow us to access a wide range of products. Our customer base is large and diverse both in the UK and around the world.
Our FMCG wholesale business is actively seeking an experienced Stock Controller. An ideal candidate for the position would be motivated with a good understanding of all roles within a stock department able to operate on their own initiative and used to working in a fast-paced environment.
Your main responsibilities would be:
- Liaise with customers to ensure orders are placed & delivered on time
- Chase suppliers for receipt of outstanding orders
- Review operations schedules and requirements to ensure timely order fulfilment
- Prepare paperwork & liaise with warehouse staff for order picking
- Support warehouse teams with any stock-related issues
- Dealing with customers & suppliers to resolve queries
- Assisting the transport department with coordinating the movement of goods
- Work alongside our trading and transport department
- Ad-hoc duties as assigned by management
A summary of the key candidate requirements is as follows:
- Experience in stock control is desirable but not essential as training will be given
- A strong work ethic, attention to detail, and a willingness to take responsibility
- Confidence and strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of Excel and Word
- Possess a positive, proactive, and flexible attitude
- 28 days annual leave including statutory days
- Company Pension Scheme
- Salary package remunerative with experience
- Excellent working conditions
It is a great opportunity for someone who would like to continue their career in stock controlling and embrace our culture. You will be a forward-looking, proactive individual who is eager to contribute to the development of our company.
Please submit your CV and cover letter if you are interested in securing this position within a unique FMCG wholesale business.