This person leads the creation, maintenance, and publication the technical documentation for all aerospace product lines within the company. They work with Engineering, Technical Support, and Marketing to construct, validate and maintain the accuracy, quality, and completeness of the technical publications.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with Engineering and Technical Support to plan, create and revise publications for product and aircraft maintenance, repair, and overhaul.
- Maintain consistent format in compliance with company and ATA guidelines.
- Research and study engineering drawings, parts lists, specifications, and schematics, as needed to generate content.
- Create logical and easy to follow procedures for complex operations.
- Create illustrations from engineering documentation (drawings, BOM's, schematics) and incorporate into manuals.
- Integrate digital photography and computerized renderings into documents to improve customer comprehension.
- Maintain the release folder of all publications for upload to the online portal.
- Maintain an annual schedule of updates for the publications.
- Maintain the customer communications on release changes to publications.
- Hold the weekly status meeting on all publications, including maintaining the Technical Publications status log.
- Support Compliance, as well as Environmental, Health & Safety efforts in support of plant goals
- 4 year degree in Engineering or related technical discipline, or a 2-year degree in a technical field. In absence of a degree, 6 year of relevant experience is required.
- Significant experience writing technical documentation for complex products, preferably within the aerospace industry.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Expert computer skills including MS Office applications, Adobe and graphics programs.
- Experience with SolidWorks and/or another equivalent 3D solid modeling program.
- Strong verbal communication and teamwork skills.
- Solid written communication skills with the ability to communicate technical. concepts using descriptive illustrations and lucid content.
- Self-starter with solid interpersonal skills
- Must be a US Citizen
- Experience with Aerospace Technical Publication industry guidance (ATA Spec 100 and iSpec2200)
- Training in Simplified Technical English (STE)
- Hands-on aircraft maintenance or field service experience
- Fluent in Spanish