Job Title - Technical Subsidence Claims Consultant
Contract - Permanent
Salary - £50,000 + Benefits
Location - Lanarkshire, Scotland Based
Our clients Subsidence Teams are at the heart of their operation -with the only project managed subsidence service delivered by a fully-dedicated UK subsidence team. Over 100 specialist consultants and advisors investigate, manage and restore subsidence claims with an unwavering focus on delivering best in class service. Also offering a career development with full exam and study support, promotional opportunities and a fully inclusive culture.
We're looking for a Subsidence Specialist: someone that can support, influence and imbed best practice within your teams, share technical knowhow and tactical knowledge to ensure your team leaders have the skills, knowledge and confidence to proactively manage their teams in handling and settling Subsidence claims which will be a caseload of domestic and commercial with various values.
Within in this field based role, you'll attend on visits from claimants who have reported signs of Subsidence. The insurance claims will be around 60% domestic and 40 % commercial up to 100K in value.
You'll be supported by the internal claims handlers and have a site pack containing high level details of the claim, policy information and any specific details.
Your expertise will be to survey the property, investigate the damage and diagnose the cause of movement. You'll be required to report on all specific details, feedback back to their Subsidence teams within specific timeframes to enable the claim to be bought to swift settlement as soon as possible.
We're looking for an experienced Surveyor, ideally specialising in Subsidence. You'll be a technical expert, a go to person who enjoys problem solving technical problems with buildings and structures. You'll also have/be:
- Experienced in dealing with the investigation and repair of damaged buildings, including the diagnosis and mitigation of subsidence movement.
- Ideally chartered or approaching chartered status with a relevant institution: ICE, IStructE, RICS, CIOB
- Experience of insurance claims handling is desirable but not essential as training will be given.
- Able to demonstrate a decisive approach
- Computer literate with most Microsoft packages
- Able to demonstrate a sound understanding of domestic construction
- Knowledgeable with the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations
- Full UK Driving License
Due to the nature of the business, this role is subject to a satisfactory DBS check
For a full brief please contact one of our specialist consultants:-