An exciting opportunity has become available for a talented UI-UX Designer to join us here at thebigword!Overview of DepartmentYou will be part of a dynamic and energised team, working in a custom-built technology environment designed to help you thrive.The team is made up of approximately 40 colleagues working in Software Development, Business Analysis, Product & Application Support, Architecture, Testing and Information Security.Headed up by Mark Rice, Chief Information Officer, our team is responsible for the technology within our business that enable us to deliver the world-class service that our clients expect. We work hard - but can guarantee that the work is varied, fast-paced and no two days are ever the same!Our new facilities mean that we have the right environment in which to thrive, but we can also use the space to relax. We have an indoor rooftop terrace, a wellbeing garden, a giant chess board, kitchen facilities and there is always a table-tennis tournament going on! It's the perfect place to develop your career!Key Responsibilities
- Create easy to use products for our clients through the delivery of exceptional digital experiences.
- Plan and conduct user and market research.
- Create wireframes, storyboards and process flows to rapidly iterate and verify design ideas.
- Develop and conceptualise a comprehensive UI/UX design strategy for the brand.
- Deliver high fidelity designs and clickable prototypes that can be demonstrated to stakeholders and clients.
- Deliver designs that are compliant to any external design or accessibility guidelines.
- Measure effectiveness of UI and identify issues.
- Follow component-based design to deliver a consistent approach to element, component and page design.
- Develop frontend mark-up, CSS and script to implement component library that can be leveraged by development teams when creating new pages/sections within a product.
- Own and manage component library and establish guidelines regarding design and its use.
- Work collaboratively with product, development and marketing teams to ensure the creation and delivery of tailored experiences for the product users.
- Deliver designs that are platform agnostic and scale elegantly to support different screen sizes.
- Help deliver products that are revolutionary and best in class.
Knowledge, Skills & ExperienceEssential:
- Bachelor's degree in User Experience Design or related field, or similar qualification.
- Minimum 2 years UI/UX design experience for digital products or services.
- A portfolio of professional UI/UX design work for both web and mobile platforms.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with a desire to understand how things work and how they could be done better.
- User focused with strong desire to see things from the user's point of view.
- Expert knowledge of design packages such as Figma, InVision, XD and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Adapts well to new situations and changing environments.
- Conscientious with an attention to detail.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Industry Specific Experience
Interested?Click the link and apply with your CV. All candidates will receive an email to advise their application has been received. We wish to stress that the successful candidate must be UK based with the right to work in the UK.Due to the nature of our business, all successful applicants will be required to complete a basic criminal records disclosure.The CompanyThebigword makes the world a smaller place by breaking down language barriers, supporting global trade and helping people access goods, commerce and services in their own languages.Founded in 1980, we provide the best translation, interpretation, localisation and language technology solutions - handling up to 50,000 worldwide assignments every day. We're a truly global business.To us, a first class service means meeting every client's cost, quality and delivery expectations every time. We achieve this through innovative language technology, expert operational teams and a talented team of skilled and professional staff who deliver every single time - and that's where you come in!thebigword is committed to encouraging diversity and opposing all forms of discrimination in our working environment. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and each employee feels respected and able to give of their best. As an international company that operates worldwide and due to the nature of our industry we are a multicultural company. We have a large diverse client base which demands diversity amongst our employees to be able to service our clients effectively, thus meaning we employ people from different cultures and we do not discriminate against people on grounds of race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, religion/belief, age, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage, civil partnerships, pregnancy, maternity or disability.